Saturday, August 17, 2013

The extraterrestrial case of the "Sagrada Familia" neighborhood, Brazil of 1963

Considered a Brazilian classic, this case occurred on August 28, 1963, in the Sagrada Familia neighborhood of Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais (Brazil), and was researched by the Brazilian ufology group CICOANI.

The three boys Fernando, Ronaldo and José Marcos went out to the backyard after dinner with the specific purpose of washing the coffee strainer in a water barrel (used to be a metal barrel of gasoline), next to the cistern. José, the youngest one seven years old at the time, quickly went to the water barrel where he completely lowered his head and arms inside the barrel to collect water with a bottle he had in his hand.

Then right behind him came Ronaldo who suddenly noticed a strange "glow" in the backyard. When he looked up to see what was causing the unusual brightness, he came across with a spherical object. The object was illuminated internally and its walls were transparent. The object was stationary and hovered over an avocado tree. Its distance from the boys was about eight meters (26 feet). Its size was estimated to be around three and a half meters (12 feet) in diameter. On top of the UFO was a sort of V-shaped antenna, each rod had a small ball at its upper end. In the middle, there was another kind of smaller vertical antenna.

Due to its transparency, four beings became visible that looked quite like us, excluding a curious detail: instead of two eyes, they had a single eye in the middle of the forehead - just like a cyclops. At least one of them was a woman, because unlike the other three who had no hair, this alien had blonde hair neatly combed back. They were all seating on stools that had a single leg. The seats were arranged in a way so that one would be in front, two in the middle and one behind. Ahead of the front seat was a console that seemed to be the control panel of the craft.

In a few seconds, after Ronaldo’s observation, the object emitted downward two beams of yellow light, forming two columns of light. Then between these two beams of light descended one of the aliens, floating slowly down. The creature began to walk toward the cistern where the child José remained with his head inside the barrel collecting water. Apparently, José was not aware of what was happening. When the creature was at a distance of about two meters (6½ feet) from José, he extended his arm making it clear that his intentions were at least to touch him. But Fernando got desperate and interpreted that as an aggression or that he was going to kidnap José.

Without hesitation, Fernando ran and jumped on the child José, knocking him to the ground and stood before that strange being. Instantly, the alien withdrew and made a series of gestures to Fernando with his hands, which were accompanied by head movements. The creature began to speak several completely unintelligible words. Then the alien sat on the edge of the cistern facing the UFO, which remained hovering at low level.

Since this one eyed being had given his back to Fernando, he grabbed a brick from the ground and managed to raise his arm to throw it at the creature. But, immediately, the alien got up and went toward Fernando. A yellow beam of light shot out of a small rectangle that was on the chest area of his clothes and was projected well on the hand that Fernando held the brick. The brick fell to the ground and, inexplicably, the three boys were tranquil and completely calm instead of running and screaming for help.

And the alien stood there in front of the three boys, talking continuously in a language totally incomprehensible. And it was at this time that the boys could observe the creature well. The being was over two meters tall and had only one big eye in the middle of the forehead. His eye was dark, without sclera and placed on the base of the nose. The possibility existed that it was the pupil, because it stood out for being darker. Above the eye was a mark that seemed to be the eyebrow. His face was completely red. It was possible to see some teeth while the alien opened his mouth to speak. He wore a kind of diving suit and had his head wrapped in a round and transparent helmet, whereby his face was clearly visible. The clothes that the alien was using were brown to the waist, white to the knees and then black below (as if it were a kind of boots). His clothing seemed to be made of leather or something similar and had several "wrinkles" in parts corresponding to the limbs and the chest. Even so, the boys reported that there was a "copper" colored box placed on his back.

A little later, the alien made a gesture slowly raising his hand and pointed to the moon, as if indicating that he was about to take a trip to our natural satellite. Shortly thereafter, the alien walked toward the UFO. When José Marcos saw that he was walking away, he asked him, "Will you return?" Surprisingly, the alien turned and nodded his head up and down, as if agreeing with what the boy had asked him. Then quickly, turned around again and continued walking towards the UFO. But before he got to the craft, the alien bent down and picked up a plant from ground with his left hand. When he finally came to the exact spot where he had floated toward to the ground, he waved his hand and the two columns of yellow light reappeared. As in his arrival, the being began to float slowly rising towards the craft. Once inside the UFO, the alien again sat down with others. Finally, the craft issued a glow and flew silently toward the east, fading and then disappeared.

Only after the craft disappeared, the boys ran into the house screaming and calling for their mother. Dona Maria José, the boys’ mother, was alarmed by the appearance of her terrified children and sent a girl to a nearby bar to get her husband, Mr. Alcides Gualberto. He, in turn, came immediately to see what had happened. Mr. Alcides Gualberto found that there were small triangular marks on the ground of the backyard precisely on the path that the children claimed that the alien cyclops had made. The children were very frightened and refused to return to the backyard for several days.

The above was compiled from several Brazilian sources and translated from Brazilian Portuguese to English by Nelson C. Rivera (PRUFON).


What a strange story. It sounds real to me! Heck, it so good that it can probably made into some kind of movie. Why would these kid come up with such a weird story like that? and that good.

Post a Comment


Although there have been many unexplained sightings in the town of Lajas, the situation there has been hyped by the amount of lies and exaggeration by a group of so-called, "ufologists" who ignore other areas of Puerto Rico to promote tourism in Lajas. That was evident when my wife and my daughter confronted a terrifying experience in the town of Aguada with extraterrestrials and that group of charlatans refused our plea for help. Of course, if it happened in Lajas they would have jumped on the opportunity for fame and tourism for that town. Those hoaxes and lies were approved and sanctioned by the then mayor of that town who named route 303 "The extraterrestrial route". The idea of building an "UFOport" (ovnipuerto), “la llorona sightings" and the biggest hoax of them all, "that a UFO crashed there" all this could only be found in a science fiction novel.

By Nelson C. Rivera
Read more



UFO News

中文(简体) Português English (US) Français Deutsch Italiano 日本語 한국어 Русский Español

Subscribe to this blog via →

The dancing alien

The back of United States Quarters depicting Puerto Rico

About me

Ufologist, criminal investigator, musician, artist and writer.

I worked 20 years for the New York City Department of Correction. First as a Correction Officer for 4 years, Captain for 12 years, and as a Deputy Warden for 4 years. As a law enforcement officer and supervisor, I have conducted countless of criminal investigations, some for unimaginable allegations.

On June of 2005, after my retirement, I moved to Puerto Rico with my family where my wife and my daughter faced extraordinary experiences with extraterrestrials. These alien encounters, subsequent abductions of my wife and the lack of help from so-called, "ufologists" here on the island, prompted me to become involved in the field of ufology and in the need to help others who have had similar experiences.


PRUFON, Puerto Rico UFO Network, Inc., is a nonprofit organization which conducts serious no nonsense UFO investigations. Our aim is to find the truth and answers to some of the toughest questions pertaining to UFO sightings, alien encounters and alien abductions, etc. We are not affiliated with any other ufology organization in Puerto Rico or in the world. PRUFON was founded in the city of Aguadilla, Puerto Rico on September of 2009 to share with the public what we have accomplished and researched in the related fields of ufology.

This internet network ( offers a different perspective on life, and works hard to keep you informed about unexplained phenomena occurring on the island of Puerto Rico and in the Caribbean. We collect and gather information dealing with the Unidentified Flying Objects (UFOs) and other unusual events that the mainstream news media and science fail to expose to the public, fail to study or acknowledge.

Any unusual encounter or sighting that you have had and wish an investigation and/or wish to publish it on this website, contact PRUFON at You will remain anonymous if you state it in writing.

back to top

Go up